Starting today, NYC Photo Studio is going to have a new look. I been using the same website design for the last year or so and thought that for 2015 I would spruce things up a bit and make it more welcome at nycphotostudio.com. Although there has been dozens of small changes under the hood, there are xxx major things that I have been looking to implement with this redesign:
- Updated the design to give it a modern look and feel. I’m a manly man but it sure looks pretty now… and I like it 🙂
- One of the major steps is internalizing the blog section to a self-hosted solution. I’ve been on Blogger’s platform for years but felt limited by Blogger’s design and functionality limitations. As a result, my posting numbers often suffered because it was a hassle trying to fight Blogger every post. Now I have much more control, and I can start to put out the content I want on a more regular basis.
- I have a blog that is now fully integrated visually with my website. I’m tend to be a stickler about things matching and a self-hosted solution offers that flexibility and more.
- Fully responsive design that works on every screen size from a small phone up to the humongous and ridiculously large man-cave (or lady-cave) screen . Plus my portfolio sections are now filterable AND easier to use on touch devices.
- Did I mention it looks pretty?
Take a look around and push the buttons. Do like I do and yell out “This is Sparta” as you filter to your heart’s content in the new portfolios. Whatever you do, let me know what you plan to do to your website this upcoming year in the comments below.